Skip to main content

THE CONSPICUOUS MYSTERY - SPOKEN WORD POETRY

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO LISTEN TO THE POEM

LYRICS

I am the soothing sun casting its rays on rose flowers

I am the tidal wave swirling violently across the vast ocean

I am the unbounded hawk gliding through the mid air

I am the sky stalker, masquerading as the moon and stars 

I am the earthy smell of petrichor after the first rain

I am the surreptitious healer in the guise of renowned physicians 

I am the pulsating rhythm of a million chirping crickets 

I am the magical stimulant in your raging hormones 

I am the Arcadian dove and the menacing Kraken

I am the TIME healing the wounds  of the poor and downtrodden 

I am your unsteady gait and the chief propeller of your awkward feet

I am the the silent flute, the melodious harp and the harmonious harmonica 

I am the pattering rain blasting gently against your windowpane 

I am your thudding heartbeat and the lifeblood running in your veins 

I am the conspicuous mystery rocking your flora and fauna

I am the ancient prophet hidden between the bosom of lowly men 

I am the electrifying muse stirring spontaneous feelings 

I am the unbudging rock, unbothered by the trifling insults of spineless men

I am an elusive conundrum to the star gazers and crystal ball geeks

I am the spawn of my atomic self, indestructible ad infinitum

© Michael Bassey Johnson, June 2020.

NoteThis poem, as personal as it sounds, does not refer to me. It is a tribute to God and nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE AWESOMENESS OF GOD

I am alive Because he lives I am saved Because he's salvation I am loved Because he's love I am a child Because he's my father I am a Prince Because he's the king I am pardoned Because he's grace I am conscious Because he's omniscient I am the air Because he's the wind I am unnatural Because he's a spirit I am deep Because he's profound I am undefeatable Because he's invincible            HE IS GOD. 

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE

This Video will change your life forever!!!